Getting to the Dordogne Cottage
- Paris and Lyon - airports with international connections
- Bordeaux and Toulouse - airports with European connections
- TGV (fast train) from Paris Montparnasse station
- Bordeaux – 2:00 hr journey
- Agen – 3:15 hr journey
- TER / SNCF (country rail)
- Belves station is on the Perigeux / Agen line
- Train websites
- A car is strongly recommended. This is true for many villages and towns in France, outside major cities.
- Belves is located between Bergerac and Sarlat-le-Caneda
- Closest autoroutes are A71/A20 (north south) or A89 (east west)
- Driving time from transport hubs (approximate hours)
- Paris CDG airport: 6:30
- Lyon St Exupery airport: 5:00
- Bordeaux airport / TGV: 2:15
- Toulouse airport: 2:30
- Agen TGV: 1:30
- There is a comprehensive guest booklet for all guests with details of the cottage, the town of Belves and the Dordogne region.
- This will be sent to, or able to be downloaded by, guests upon booking
- There is a house book in the cottage containing all the day to day information, including operating instructions, Wifi password and handy hints.
There is a tourist office in the town
- 1 rue des Filhols - 24170 Belvès.
- Tel. : +33 5 53 29 10 20 - Email: email@example.com
Dordogne is a mild region, although it can get cold in winter, occasionally with snow. Summer is rarely very hot with the weather very suited for a holiday destination with frequent sunny skies and no heavy rainfall season.
The French Weather Bureau (Le Meteo) forecast for the region for the coming week: Current Weather Forecast
(note: Temperatures in are Celsius, days of the week are in French)
|Jan||10 / 50||4 / 39||84 / 3.3||11||3|
|Feb||12 / 54||5 / 41||78 / 3.1||9||4|
|Mar||16 / 61||6 / 43||63 / 2.5||9||5|
|Apr||17 / 63||10 / 50||27 / 1.1||7||6|
|May||22 / 72||13 / 55||27 / 1.1||8||7|
|Jun||24 / 75||18 / 64||9 / 0.4||2||8|
|Jul||27 / 81||20 / 68||0 / 0||1||9|
|Aug||28 / 82||20 / 68||0 / 0||1||8|
|Sep||24 / 75||16 / 61||0 / 0||1||7|
|Oct||19 / 66||12 / 54||15 / 0.6||4||5|
|Nov||13 / 55||8 / 46||66 / 2.6||8||3|
|Dec||11 / 52||5 / 41||81 / 3.2||11||3|