Burgundy (Bourgogne in French) is one of the best known regions in France.
- One of the most famous wine regions in the world.
- Cotes de Nuits & Cotes St Georges grand crus wineries
- Pouilly Fuisse white wines
- Beaujolais wine region to the south
- A rich history of Dukes and Kings - expanding, consolidating and losing territory - is still evident in many parts of the region through its architecture, castles, towns and museums.
- This change in territory still continues - Burgundy is now combined with Franche Comte to become (rather unimaginatively) the Burgundy-Franche-Comte region.
- Burgundy is south of Paris, bordering Champagne and Lorraine to the north and Rhone Alpes & Ardeche to the south.
- The Cottage is located in the countryside of Southern Burgundy.
Click below to see more information on Burgundy:
Click here to Book Now