This stone former farmhouse, called 'Le Champ du Four' can comfortably accommodate a large group of friends and family, yet is cosy enough to be ideal for one or two.
The cottage possesses all the historic charm of the French countryside and has been updated to provide extra light & space and all necessary amenities:
- 3 bedrooms, sleeping 6 people. Two double rooms, third bedroom with 2 single beds & baby cots
- Lounge room which includes a settee that can fold out to sleep 2 additional people
- 2 modern bathrooms, each with shower and toilet
- Well equipped kitchen with gas stove and microwave, refrigerator, kitchen table and chairs
- Large dining room with large refectory dining table, terracotta tiled floor, cathedral ceilings and exposed beams
- Family / TV area including a Streaming capableTV with English language channels plus a multi-region DVD player.
- Laundry with washing machine & clothes dryer
- Third toilet located next to laundry, on ground floor
- Wifi and Internet access are included, along with free phone calls to landlines in France and many other countries including Australia, NZ, UK, USA, Canada, USA and all European countries.
- Well-stocked bookshelves containing a wide range of books, extensive selection of maps and brochures, English language DVDs and music CDs
- Heating of the house during the cooler months is achieved by two efficient wood heaters, portable gas heaters and electric heaters in each bedroom. There is plenty of firewood in the woodshed adjacent to the laundry.
- Courtyard providing off-street parking
- Large lawn area allowing al-fresco dining, barbecues, a play area or simply somewhere to read and relax in the shade of horse chestnut and pine trees.
- All linen is supplied.
- Outdoor furniture, ping pong table and BBQ are also provided.
A map of the cottage location is on the Burgundy FAQ page
The cottage lends itself to creativity. Whether it is:
• painting, writing or studying near the cottage
• walking or cycling the paths and parks to create health, fitness and activity
• exploring history of chateaus, towns and villages
• discovering art and culture in the museums and galleries
• mediation and spirituality at religious and spiritual centres
See more on the Activities page
Le Champ du Four is located among rolling farmland and forests, providing a quiet and relaxing atmosphere with great views and many nearby villages and attractions.
Local villages include:
Dompierre les Ormes - 3 km (2 mi) to the south, has all the shops for day-to-day needs including bakeries, a butcher & delicatessen, grocery store, wine merchant, restaurants, hairdressers and a weekly market.
Trivy - a commune 500 metres (550 yards) north of around 300 residents. It features a village hall, town hall / post office and Romanesque church where the famous Trivy Jazz festival is held 4 times each year.
Chandon- a commune 600 metres (650 yards) south. Chandon (unrelated to the champagne) boasts two excellent restaurants overlooking a picturesque lake.
Both restaurants have comprehensive menus and moderate prices, and the Maconnais and Beaujolais wines are highly recommended.
Cluny - a major town 15 mins east, with wide variety of shops, cafes, restaurant, supermarkets, petrol/gas stations, large Saturday market and huge abbey museum.
For other towns and attractions in this region, click on the Burgundy tab.
We also have cottages in PROVENCE and DORDOGNE. Click on the region name to explore further,