This delightful cottage, called La Galerie, is in the middle of the village of Pernes-les-Fontaines, with classic Provencal blue shutters and a balcony to enjoy a long lunch or evening aperitif.
It sleeps 5-6 people and is centrally located for local shopping and for all of Provence’s many attractions.
The cottage is very comfortable, with air conditioning for the summer months and central heating to keep cosy throughout winter.
The cottage is on three levels and features:
- Large queen-sized bedroom
- Double bedroom
- includes double bed and separate single bed
- Bedroom / Sitting room
- Fold out sofa provides an additional double bed
- This room leads out to the balcony
- Large lounge / dining room
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Laundry with large washing machine
- Two bathrooms and three toilets
- ground floor bathroom has a bath and shower
- second floor bathroom includes shower
- All bed linen and towels are provided
- Free Wifi and Internet access are included
- Central heating
- Air conditioning on the first & second floors
- Free phone calls to landlines in France and many other countries including Australia, NZ, UK, USA, Canada, USA and all European countrie
- Free on-street car parking
See a map of the cottage location on the Provence FAQ page
The town of Pernes les Fontaines is well known for its many different fountains (as the name suggests) including the 18th century Cormorant fountain, the Fontaine du Gigot and Fontaine Reboul.
This ancient capital of the Comtat Venaissin retains some of its 14th and 16th century city walls, ramparts and entrance gate. It includes many fine, ancient buildings such as the 12th century clock tower and bell (Tour de l'Horloge), 16th century Hôtel de Vichet and some of the oldest (13thC) frescos in France in the Tour Ferrande.
The town features a wide range of cafes, restaurants and take-away food options.
There are also 4 boulangeries (bakeries) with a variety of breads, delicious pastries & cakes and home made chocolates. The butchers / delicatessens provides ready to eat and ready to cook options. The main shopping area is only 100 metres from the cottage, with more shops near the river 200 metres away. A supermarket is located on the outskirts of town.
There is a lively Saturday market along the banks of the River Nesque, down the end of the street.