The Dordogne region in France is one of the most diverse and interesting regions in France.
It comprises the Perigord (the former name of the region) areas which are named by their characteristic colour:
- Perigord Green - the forests
- Perigord Purple - the grapes
- Perigord White - the chalky soil
- Perigord Black - the caves
The Dordogne boasts many delightful locations, activities and vistas
- The cottage is located in a hilltop village in central Dordogne
- Many beautiful villages in the region - a few such as Belves, Sarlat, Rocamadour and Beynac are in the official 'Most Beautiful Villages of France' register
- Magnificent chateaus and gardens
- Caves, including the world famous Lascaux caves with prehistoric rock paintings, caves used as housing up to the 18th Century, including troglodytes caves in Belves and spectacular stalactite formations.
- Water sports including canoeing, rafting and swimming
- Peaceful countryside
- Gastronomic delights featuring the wines of Bergerac and Monbazillac, truffles, fois gras and delightful restaurants throughout.
Click below to see information on:
Click here to Book Now