Getting to the Burgundy Cottage
- Lyon Saint Exupery Airport
- International Airport with connections to Europe, USA, Asia, Middle East and Australasia
- About 1 hour’s drive to the cottage
- Geneva Airport
- International Airport with connections to Europe.
- About 2 hours’ drive
- Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport
- International airport with connections everywhere.
- 1½ - 2 hrs by TGV train to Macon-Loche or Lyon (see below)
- About 4½ hrs drive
- TGV fast trains run every couple of hours from Paris (Gare de Lyon) or Charles de Gaulle airport to Macon-Loche station (1½ hour trip). Macon-Loche is a 25 minute drive to the cottage.
- Alternate TGV stations are Lyon, Le Creusot & Dijon.
- SNCF (country) rail has stations at Macon, Paray le Monial and Villefranche-sur-Saone. These are between 30 and 50 minutes drive to the cottage.
- Train websites
A car is very strongly recommended for your time at Le Champ du Four in Burgundy. This is generally true for all of regional France, as many villages and places of interest are only reached easily by car.
Hire / Rental cars ('Voiture de Location') are available from the Airports, TGV train stations and in the major towns.
France's autoroutes (freeways / tollways) are extensive and very easy to use.
- The A6 autoroute takes you to within half an hour of the cottage from Paris or Lyon
So much wine, so little time.
North is the Route des Grands Crus including Cote d'Or, Cote de Nuits, Beaune & Dijon. Two links:
- There is a comprehensive guest booklet for all guests with details of the cottage and the Burgundy region.
- This will be sent to, or able to be downloaded by, guests upon booking
- There is a house book in the cottage containing all the day to day information, including operating instructions, Wifi password and handy hints.
The Tourist Office in Cluny is an excellent source of more information. in English, France and German.
Click here: Cluny Tourist Office
Southern Burgundy is a temperate region. Although it can experience extremes in temperature with some snow in winter and occasional days into the high 30s (100s F) in summer, the weather is very suited for a holiday destination with frequent sunny skies and no heavy rainfall season.
The French Weather Bureau (Le Meteo) forecast for the region for the coming week: Current Weather Forecast
(note: Temperatures in are Celsius, days of the week are in French)
(C / F)
(C / F)
(cm / in)
|January||5 / 41°||0 / 32°||4.0 / 1.6|
|February||7 / 45°||1 / 34°||3.7 / 1.5|
|March||12 / 54°||4 / 39°||3.0 / 1.2|
|April||15 / 59°||6 / 43°||4.8 / 1.9|
|May||20 / 68°||10 / 50°||5.5 / 2.2|
|June||24 / 75°||13 / 55°||4.6 / 1.8|
|July||26 / 79°||15 / 59°||4.5 / 1.8|
|August||26 / 79°||15 / 59°||4.5 / 1.8|
|September||22 / 72°||12 / 53°||5.5 / 2.2|
|October||16 / 61°||8 / 46°||5.9 / 2.3|
|November||9 / 48°||4 / 39°||6.1 / 2.4|
|December||6 / 43°||2 / 36°||4.4 / 1.7|